Full renovation of the japanese portion of Los Altos Park leads off half 1 additionally including ancompletely different softball area. This embraces every thing east of the entry road from Lomas Blvd. NE to the Albuquerque Backyard Center and Los Altos Pool.
Phase 1 enhancements embrace:
- Demolition and reconstruction of the softball areas
- Enchancment of 5 new softball areas with 300’ outarea fences with up 150 spectators per area
- Enchancment of A mannequin new Restroom and Group Constructing with concessions, multipurpose meeting rooms to assist regional softball tournaments and community occasions
- New and improved car entry Infacet the park and new parking Throughout the perimeter of the complicated to primarytain away from pedestrian conflicts
- Enchancment of a pedestrian “backbone” or promenade working by way of The middle of the complicated with seating, shade and meals truck parking for regional tournaments and community occasions.
Phase 1 Is predicted to be accomplished in early 2023.
Phase 2 will add completely different enhancements, collectively with:
- Enchancment of a signature BMX Pump Monitor Facility, relevant for internet hosting regional and nationwide competitions, on NM Dehalfment of Transportation-owned property at Easterday Drive NE.
- Enchancment of A mannequin new canine park in southeast nook/south facet of the park
- Enchancment of a 20 new horseshoe courtroom In a place to internet hosting regional tournaments
- Enchancment of A mannequin new playground To commerce The current one
- Continuation of the Phase 1 pedestrian backbone connecting the softball complicated to the pool, skate park, horseshoe complicated, canine park and BMC pump track
- Continuation of improved car entry loop to new primary signalized park entrance and Lomas Blvd. NE and Easterday Dr. NE
- Further parking construction to assist All of the above enhancements And current overflow parking For huge softball tournaments and community occasions.